RE: COMMUNICATION – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), JAMES HAMILTON GROUP
As we are all aware, we are in unprecedented times dealing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. However, currently the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having minimal impact on James Hamilton Group’s abilities to service our customers’ needs and requirements.
Following the governments direction on March 23 , we have closed our retail shops (inclusive of Craigavon Office Supplies, JH Office Supplies, Cake Décor & JH Packaging Trade Counter). Although closed to the public, we are still able to provide a service to business/account customers from each of these listed retail facilities through our online ordering functions (Craigavon Office Supplies/JH Office Supplies) or by phone or email ordering (JH Packaging/Cake Décor). We will endeavour, to re-open all retail facilities immediately when it is deemed safe to do so.
James Hamilton Group, in the same manner as all businesses, is facing a range of significant challenges which will likely continue in the weeks and months ahead. To date, we have taken well considered precautionary measures to reduce the risks and ensure contingency plans are in place to best cope with the developing situation.
James Hamilton Group continues to monitor and implement all relevant governmental guidance & advice. Specifically:
- Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) & precautionary measures has been issued to all employees by Management. This includes how to identify symptoms, how to reduce the risk of catching or spreading the virus and what to do if symptoms present/if a family member presents symptoms.
- Social distancing and hygiene protocols have been implemented within the workplace including the separation of teams, staggered tea/lunch breaks, availability of hand sanitiser & disinfectant sprays etc where possible to minimise interactions between people and help prevent the spread of the virus, largely reducing the risks of any future significant impact to our business operations.
- We have implemented working from home for those whose job role effectively permits remote working following the initial COVID-19 outbreak.
- We have introduced specific controls for visitors to our divisional premises, encouraging social distancing for the safety of our staff & customers. All visitors and staff are required to make certain declarations regarding recent international travel, aimed at preventing the spread of the virus. In addition, we have installed signage on site requesting that all visitors refrain from entering business premises if they are symptomatic to cold/flu.
- We are liaising with our customers and suppliers in advance of our personnel making visits to customer/supplier sites.
- James Hamilton Group Divisional Management Team are chairing daily meetings to closely monitor the developing situation to ensure effective & appropriate response.
We have adopted a considered, common sense approach, and remain in a position to respond quickly should the situation demand. We will endeavour to do our utmost to continue to support your business during this challenging time and hope that you and your families stay well.